F.O.M. Ministries was begun in 2011 when an individual was being released from prison with no place to go. A house was purchased on 6th Street, and before long three men lived there. Men have continued to pour in ever since. We have just procured another home 2 doors down that can allow us to help 11 additional men. At any given time, we have are housing 23 men. Now, five years later, F.O.M. Ministries is a board-run, organization making significant impacts on people all over the city of Quincy. From 1 to over 100 men in five years without any government or agency assistance speaks to the One who has called men to “fish” for other men and bring them to the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
F.O.M Ministries exists to provide transitional housing for men in transition from prison, homelessness, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc. It is the mission of F.O.M Ministries to provide spiritual, practical, financial, emotional, and social guidance for the men who live in our homes. It is our hope that these foundational virtues be the catalyst for a future of hope and to replace the hopelessness they carried with them when they arrived.
All to the glory of God!
The Great Commission
“Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Statement of Faith
As an inter-denominational organization, we do not require our men to hold distinctive denominational-oriented doctrines. However, as a specifically Christ-centered ministry, we do expect our men, our partner churches, and our volunteers to agree to, and affirm, the central tenants of the historic Christian Faith, as listed below.
- WE BELIEVE in one sovereign God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that the scriptures are fully inspired, trustworthy, and of supreme and final authority in all that they say.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was truly God and truly man, existing in person and without sin; and we believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and in His present life there for us as Lord of all, High Priest and advocate.
- WE BELIEVE that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23), and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death.
- WE BELIEVE in the existence of Satan, sin, and evil powers, and that all have been defeated by God in the cross of Christ.
- WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutional sacrifice, triumphing over all evil; and that all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood and forgiven of all their sins.
- WE BELIEVE that it is only through the person and work of Jesus Christ that one can receive God’s forgiveness and obtain eternal life with God.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand the scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness
- WE BELIEVE that one, holy, universal church is the body of Christ and is composed of the communities of Christ’s people. The task of Christ’s people in this world is to be God’s redeemed community, embodying His love by worshiping God with confession, prayer, and praise; but proclaiming the gospel of God’s redemptive love through our Lord Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth by word and deed; by caring for all of God’s creation and actively seeking the good in everyone, especially the poor and needy.